Sunday, February 2, 2014

We are interested in birds, is probably interested in birds in many different ways. Some are additi


We are interested in birds, is probably interested in birds in many different ways. Some are additional avid cruisers, and can travel around the country to get a new species on the list say. I'm not too concerned about it, although I would have liked to have gotten more than my bird peek friends in the local chapter. Currently I hang anything after ... When I feed the birds in winter, it is first and foremost to help the winged survive. Should it emerge a rarity, I take it as a bonus. And I should in addition have a (good) picture, it's extra special. I also think it is fun to help them with nesting sites, therefore I make birdhouses and hang up. Not in the hope that it will be some extremely rare in the crates, but because I think it's just fun every year when starlings shuttled with nest material, and later with food for the young cohort. Or when the pleasant sparrow brings out a litter or two in one of my boxes, or great tit and blue tit do the same. But fuglekasse kankje last forever know, you ... It is many years since I fixed the first one. Starlings began to nest in one of them before I could hang them up, and continued after the case had come in the post. Later, I crafted more, but unfortunately, they began to be weary. The weather, and one notch pleased spotted woodpecker had expanded holes, so the crates had to be repaired or replaced.
So I set out to do carpentry, and luckily I had some wooden pieces to take off. Diameter hole for the bird I wanted, was drilled snct esch in the front. The ceiling was attached with only one nail so that it can be pushed aside reingjøring (instead of hinge half front that I did on the old). Old bicycle spokes were bent into hooks, which, snct esch together with small staples, to hold the roof in place. We live in a rough neighborhood, and I do not take a chance on the wind lift / drag on the roof during nesting.
I probably should snct esch not be written, but I have a cat. He holds the number of mice and rats (attracted by power feed in the barn) at a low level. Unfortunately it is also an avid bird hunter (though we rarely see that he has caught a few). In my defense I must say that he is inside every night, and far beyond the morning, so it reduces capture time his part. Ungkatten Amalie is also a good climber, which last year destroyed for at least a stærpar. When kitty constantly put on top of the crate, they shunned.
Unfortunately, there is no starlings in checkout the picture (so far) this year. I was a bit behind in hooking up new then old box had to be replaced, and I also believe that some birds dislike that they are being deprived checkout they "always" had. Or maybe they remembered all cat visits from last year ...
In total I have 14 boxes hanging poles, trees and house / outbuilding / barn walls. There is no birds in them all year, but in a good number of them. In one of the very, very last boxes I hung up (in May) it is teeming with life. A blåmeispar quickly showed interest in the coffers outhouse wall, and having seen a lot of activity there for several weeks, the temptation was too great: I HAD up and see.
The date was 21 June and the ladder was raised against outhouse wall. So I climbed up and opened the lid. Dry, warm and well lay the seven newly hatched blåmeisunger. snct esch I was on a short visit, took some pictures, attached lid and went down again.
It is hectic to be bird families, especially when you have seven gaping young that require a lot of food. It is not always all the kids being raised. Food supply have very much to say, but luckily it seems that this early summer offers great with insects and larvae.
Curious as I am, I set up the ladder snct esch again six days after the first inspection. The same seven kids were in the nest, but now they have become much, much bigger. Because I know that there is a risk that the kids are flying out early if they are disturbed, the inspection second from the last one in the stern round. Now they will be left alone in the last week they have in the nest, and I hope mom and dad blåmeis steps up with a litter of summer.
I still have four boxes I should have hung up. If it becomes too late to get nesting in them this year, so they should at least into the autumn. For funds can act as good, sheltered overnight accommodation for winter.
PS! Remember to make reindeer boxes now and then. Especially snct esch if it has been starlings in them, they are quite dirty. Remove the old nest in winter (throw it in the garbage), while fleas still asleep, so we avoid the fleas come to life again in the spring. Do lodgings so welcoming and reindeer that little birds say yes thanks to a short-term lease. It will both landlord and tenant benefit. Still good bird summer!
We would like to receive tips about unknown or rare bird species you come across. snct esch Contact: HITRA: Arvid Bredesen - arbredes@online.no - 988 33 516 Allison BEKKVIK - kbekk@loqal.no - 990 06 567 FRØYA Oskar Fredagsvik - oskfreda@online.no - 918 08 865 Karl Thorvaldsen - karl.thorvaldsen @ stfk.no - 948 67 665

No comments:

Post a Comment