Tuesday, May 5, 2015

This blog is the book


This blog is the book "Debord" My current work on Jacques Rigaut, a "work in progress", often unrecognized, biographer at work ... (This biography como acabar com os gases will appear Denoƫl.)
When I get off the train in Patchogue, a drizzle began to fall. I do not know if it is good to live and work in Patchogue como acabar com os gases proclaims as the sign that welcomes travelers on the platforms of the station, but on the way here, we immediately understand the JR irony in the choice of avatar Lord Patchogue. como acabar com os gases At the local library, a vivacious lady is quick to inform me when I told him I just Paris for the biography of a "French writer". I check the time of the cabbage como acabar com os gases leaf, "The como acabar com os gases Advance Patchogue" I can find no trace of the news item reported by Rigaut in its presentation of Patchogue. However, on 1 May 1924, a newspaper reporter recounted in great detail the "big field meeting" of the Ku Klux Klan. I walk up the main street in Patchogue seems emptied of its inhabitants. como acabar com os gases The gray sky is low, despite the rain, it's a sticky heat. Many American flags dotted the avenue, gently como acabar com os gases floating in the leaden sky. A syrupy music escapes from speakers hung in the trees. I think of the television series "The Prisoner". I then enters an antique store, hoping to find old photos of the city. On a shelf, a big dusty filing cabinet intrigues me. Opening it, I realize with emotion that it is a collection of matchbooks! In tribute to JR, I buy the most beautiful. These precious relics in my bag, I head to the station by making some photos of the city. Not the courage to go to the port. I get on the first train to New York, too happy to leave Patchogue and anxiety atmosphere. Smiling thinking JR perhaps never visited Patchogue, I look away the sign: "Welcome to ........". Baille, yawns.
"It was short, easy and magical: the front forward, Lord Patchogue lunged up against the ice crossing, shatter, but it, here on the other side.." (JR) More than a day before my return to Paris. Tomorrow I make my pilgrimage to Patchogue. The best for last ... Look forward to returning to process information collected here. I also have an important meeting in Paris, unpublished letters Rigaut in family archives. Again thank you to all those who helped me in New York.
Cati Laporte Oyster Bay is an hour and a half by train from New York. Small coastal town with no real charm, apart from its peaceful como acabar com os gases streets and beach along the famous bay oysters. In the small house which contains the historical society of the city, we are told that it will be difficult to find on old maps the house of Cecil Parker Stewart. Hardly the first unfolded como acabar com os gases card, I point the finger where the plot is inscribed como acabar com os gases the name of the host JR The home should be the other side of the bay on Centre Island, a peninsula that houses the residences the most opulent. The taxi driver, a friendly grandpa Brooklyn, we made a brief description of the place: "Oh yes, rich people here ..." After passing a police station (monitoring requires como acabar com os gases ...), the road becomes sinuous, sinking in green forest from which emerge the rooftops of luxury villas. Do not have the exact address como acabar com os gases of the house, we try to orient ourselves with the card. The years passed, the land was divided to build other houses ... We engage in the tracks (very) private residences because most are not visible from the road. A threat como acabar com os gases owner to call the police, once reassured about our intentions, she vainly tries to tell us. On the way back, we stop at the "Village Clerk", a mini Historical Society of the place. We confront our old card with recent shows us the manager's office. The latter finally finds the corresponding plot. According to him, the house still exists. Its owner is not convenient. He asks us to call him tomorrow como acabar com os gases because he has not the exact address of the gentleman who anyway would not have enjoyed any of our impromptu visit ...
"For lovers of wonderful, here where Lord Patchogue takes its name. Travelling by car with some friends on Long Island, near New York (...) [We] had our attention drawn by a signal that was repeated almost every road crossing and indicating the direction of the city of Patchogue. " (Jacques Rigaut) last week. Have prepared my schedule. Tomorrow, the municipal archives of New York to make me make a copy of the marriage certificate of JR and the death certificate como acabar com os gases of Gladys. Wednesday trip to Oyster Bay in the hope of finding the famous

No comments:

Post a Comment